Sunday, June 29, 2014

My legs are uneven

Sunday workout: Bike Fit

Bike fit was today. We discovered a couple things during the fit:
Blake making changes
  • My left leg is 1cm shorter than my right
  • The arches on my feet are not equal
  • The front of my left foot is rotated counter to my pronate
  • I have really good aero posture on the bike
  • Back in the day when I was last fit, they put wedges underneath my cleats to solve the short leg and foot rotation. They did it wrong. It should have been an external riser and an internal wedge. I have been riding with a forced poor position.
 The hardest part of the fit was finding a good saddle. We tried probably 10 saddles and on a whim tried out a mountain bike saddle, which worked. I need to get some mileage on in the aero position to test that it's correct, but that's just time. I have a follow up in 2-3 weeks once I've gotten some road time on.

Spent the rest of the day working on replacing sprinklers in the yard. I ended up having to add spacers to 13 of the 16 and I still have one left. The outside of my hands are ruined from dragging against the concrete edges of the driveway and sidewalks. I probably spent a solid 6 hours working on it today (including Home Depot trips).

For a break in the middle, I finished putting Haley's Little Tyke car together. My parent's got it for her birthday, but it has been a massive pain in the ass to build. I got frustrated and quit about 1/3 of the way through. Dad made it another 1/3rd, got frustrated and quit. I took the rubber mallet to it and finished it. Haley loves it. When you put the foot base in, she can't get her feet caught. So....

No comments:

Post a Comment