Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It's just sprinkling. I'll keep running.

Tuesday workout:
Morning: 1000 yard swim - 300 yard warm-up; 10 x 50, 10" rest; 200 yard cool down

Evening : 40 minute run
Evening result: 4.27 miles / 205 feet climbing / average heart rate 157 bpm

...And it's hailing. About 1.5 miles into my run the light rain turned to a real storm and hail. Thankfully it was only pea-sized, so I just kept running. The run is my large "block" on the major streets around our house.

Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

The swim was uneventful. Worked with Peter a bit more on my breathing. I'm definitely getting more efficient, but the shortcomings of my strength are apparent.

My training log and schedule can be found shared on my Google Drive. Feel free to pull it down to see how the training is going and what is coming up next. As you can see, things are going to start getting intense, especially once we start to get into the 2 hour run range.

I did receive a follow-up email from the race promoter of last weekend's race. Apparently they are going to be taking a large portion of the climb out of the run for next year. not very many people were happy about the hill climb.

Here are links to a few of the race pictures:
Bike
Run 1
Run 2
Clearly not a lot of happy in those run pictures, but I wasn't doing it to be happy during the race.

I also found that the local running store, Runner's Roost, has Thursday group runs in the evening. I'm hoping to get involved in those soon. Sarah is out of town for two days this week, so I will have to try for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment