Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Crossed a threshhold

Tuesday workout:
Morning: 1250 yard swim with 16 x 50 sw-10" rest between

Evening : 45 minute run
Evening result: 5 miles / average heart rate 151 bpm

Personal best tonight on my run: 5 miles in 45 minutes. It doesn't sound substantial, but it's the second longest run (by .14 miles) I've done since starting training, and it's the only run to hold a 9 minute mile pace. Plus, my average heart rate was lower than any other run with a sub-10 minute mile pace. It's the little things.

I got my starting position for the race on Saturday, and it puts me a ways back. There are 10 people in the Men's 30-34 category and my start time puts me smack into the middle. There are two guys in the 6 minute range for a 525 yard swim, which is mind boggling to me. That's almost 50% my proposed time. Mind = Blown. I do still think that upper half is reasonable, but out of a field of 10 that's not exactly an accomplishment.

On the Haley front, she's decided to go creeper on us. Last night when we went to bed, I closed out bedroom door. When I woke up this morning the door was open. Either we have a ghost or Haley got up in the middle of the night, came into our room, then went back to bed.To add to the 'aww' factor, Sarah just went upstairs to get ready for bed and Haley was asleep in our bed. I moved her back over, but I have a feeling that she will be back in our room by the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment