Wednesday, June 18, 2014

You were better than I expected you would be!

Wednesday workout:
Morning: Off

Evening: 25 mile ride
Evening result: 1:32 hours / average heart rate 127 bpm

Was Peter's response to a video of my swimming form. Thanks, Coach Conte! But in all seriousness, it is nice to know that I'm not a hopeless cause. I need the swim to be a strong part of my race because it is no surprise that the run will be ugly. Tomorrow's swim is an 800 yard block, so it will give me time to focus on my technique. Currently at training speed I am taking 19 strokes to get across the pool. My initial goal for next week is to bring that down to 17. I'm not sure if that is a small or large target, but that is what I am looking for.

Today's ride was only 3 minutes faster than last Wednesday's, but there are some notable improvements.

1) I spent 15 minutes warning up and the last 1.5 miles cooling down. Even then, I still finished slightly quicker.
2) My average heart rate was 11 bmp slower; a full 8%.

Looking at yesterday's run and today's ride, I can see the fitness and power starting to come back into my legs. Now to focus on the swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment