Friday, June 27, 2014

Just pack it all in there.

Thursday workout:
Rest Day

Friday workout:
Morning: 1200 yards, 500 yards at race speed

Evening: 30 minute run
Evening result: 3.53 miles / average heart rate 154 bpm

Weird workout schedule this week. Sarah was in Dallas for work so I was left with Haley. Doing workouts with her is hard. My Wednesday bike didn't get started until 9:00pm and I couldn't do my Thursday workouts. I pushed my Friday rest day forward to Thursday and did my Thursday workouts today.

I ended up pushing both workouts until this evening, so it was my first back to back workout. The swim was 1000 yards, with an at pace 500 yard piece in the middle. I made a serious point to keep my form proper as I am pretty tired. The most recent points from Peter are for breathing and gliding. I wanted to focus on using my forearm to pull more water too. My pace felt slower than normal, but it was amazingly faster: 8:25 minutes,which is faster by over a minute.My guess would be pulling more water and turning my head vs. turning and lifting for breathing.

I immediately got out of the pool and did my run. 3.53 miles in 30 minutes. An average pace of 8:30 minutes per mile which is also a best. My calf doesn't hurt and didn't cramp up either. I am crediting that to changing my running stride some. I went back to a more mid-foot strike and it felt much better. I'm thinking that my physiology just lends to that type of run.

As silly as it sounds, today was also my best stretching day. I was able to get my hand almost all the way around my toes doing the hurdlers stretch and can almost touch my toes standing up. These are areas I have had consistent trouble with since my back surgery.

Today was a good workout day.

My weekend is going to be screwed up too. I have a 50 minute run Saturday and 30 mile ride on Sunday. I will be running back to back days because of today's workout and I'm not sure how good my bike will be on Sunday. My fit is Sunday at noon and while I will be there for 3 hours, I will be getting on and off the bike frequently. Hopefully I can get some cadence time down while he's testing the fit.

Beyond the workouts, this will be a very busy weekend. On Saturday I need to get the garbage disposal installation completed, tend to the yard, do our normal household chores, and be back home by 4pm to meet with the SolarCity rep. While we are very efficient with out electricity usage, we would definitely be using the AC more if I wasn't concerned about doubling our bill. Sunday will be meeting with the Home Depot rep regarding the counter tops that we are thinking about installing, I have my fit, and Sarah has a ton of work to do. We're going to be very jam packed this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment