Monday, June 16, 2014

(Insert witty title here)

Monday Workout:
Morning: 1000 yard swim
Morning Result: 500 yard swim / 9:47 minutes

Evening: 20 mile ride
Evening Result: 20.74 miles / 1:17 hours / average heart rate 129 bpm

The swim this morning was beneficial for two main reasons:
1. Dad was able to come and film my swim, so I can relay that to Peter. Hopefully with the expected list of things that I am doing wrong, I will be able to fix some issues to be more efficient.
2. It was my first 500 yard block. Given the race this weekend has a 525 yard swim, it is the first time I have been able to get a gauge to my speed. I estimated an 11 minute competition time and at 9:47 minutes for 500 yards, I think I nailed it. With a slightly slower pace and less pause time for breathing, I wouldn't be surprised if I do the swim in the race a bit faster.

Everybody left today, so it's back to just the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment