Monday, June 23, 2014

Yep. It's Monday again.

Monday Workout:
Morning: 1000 yard swim - 300 yard warm-up; 5x100, 15" rest; 200 yard cool down
Morning Result: 500 yard swim / 9:52 minutes

Evening: 20 mile ride
Evening Result: 20 miles / 1:11 hours / average heart rate 127 bpm

I didn't workout yesterday because of the race Saturday. The training program says to consider a race day both weekend days of training. Given how piss poor the run in the race was, I should have run yesterday, but what can you do. We spent most of Sunday looking at counter tops. We are thinking about refinishing the kitchen, so we are doing our research currently. Choosing a material and pattern (would you call natural shaping a pattern?) is amazingly difficult.

I got a good swim in this morning. At 100 yards, today's intervals are the longest I have done so far. I didn't feel like I was going to asphyxiate from lack of oxygen until the last lap, which is a step in the right direction. I also did my second fastest at speed 500 yard block, and it was longer intervals.

Bike was another PR. For my bike "off" day, it's the fastest average speed and lowest average heart rate to date.

We'll see how tomorrow's run plays out. I have been having incessant cramping in my left calf when I run and I can't figure out why. I have a feeling that my pronation has killed the outside edge of my shoes and proceeded to force additional roll to the outside. Who knows. My shoes have about 500 miles of running and walking in them, so it's probably time for a new pair anyways.

 Sarah took a few good (and bad) pictures from the race over the weekend. I've pulled a few together from the cell phones. Supposedly there were also pictures on the nice camera, but I haven't seen them.A couple of Haley looking cute as always. And a couple of the fat boy. It's hard to tell that I've already lost 20 pounds. It just means that I have that much farther to go.
Fat boy or the green whale? Your call














Haley had her 2 year appointment today. She's 36" tall and still comfortably in the 99th percentile for height. Doctor is estimating her at being 5'10". She's going to be a ridiculously cute, tall chick. What did I do to deserve this? (Rhetorical question)
That's a whole lot of man meat on some spindly ass legs. Also, how cute is she with her backpack?


No comments:

Post a Comment