Wednesday, June 11, 2014

That's a mighty fine box you have there... (Or, Blow Me)

Wednesday workout:
Morning: Off

Evening: 25 mile ride
Evening result: 1:35 hours / average heart rate 138 bpm

Whichever you prefer.

Having the heart rate monitor raises the ante quite a bit on the bike. While the ride was slower (I did have the warm-up and cool-down averaged in) and I had a lower heart rate than Monday's 20-mile ride, this was far harder. I haven't had a long workout that had me dumping sweat like that in ages. Possibly even since rowing. For the dumping sweat part, I think that I need to get better airflow by the trainer. Right now it's underneath an AC vent, but that can be quite chilly when you are already soaked. I'll be bringing a fan into the basement for my next trainer ride. Hopefully it will help me stay somewhat cooler.

On a side note, does anybody have recommendations for good action movies? I watch movies while I ride and I'm running out of those I want to see on Netflix. I've already taken down the whole Avengers universe, GI Joe, Dredd, and I'm watching Star Trek currently. And no, Brett, I do not need to watch Ronin again.

As for fine boxes, I arrived home to find a bike box in the living room. The tri bike showed up and I got it put together. It still needs to be fit and I'm not cutting the post until I have been fitted appropriately. Hopefully I can do it soon, as it would be nice to have it for next weekend's race. We are quite busy with Haley's birthday this weekend. While my parent's and Sarah's mom will be in town, I doubt I'd be able to steal away for 3 hours mid-day. Soon though. Soon.

I have started to notice I am in a constant state of hunger. I am eating more, but it's notably healthier than previously. I'm not sure why I want to eat substantially more, but the heart rate monitor has a nice little setting that tells you calories burned. Obviously it will be a bit off, but it gives a good gauge. And that gauge is telling me 1000+ calories per workout, so 2000+ calories per day being burned. Today's workout is showing as 1400 calories, so the burn rate is high. Even still, it does seem wild to me that I can eat a large serving of Sarah's lemongrass chicken stir-fry and then be properly hungry two hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment