Tuesday, July 8, 2014

You call that a pool?

Tuesday Workout:
Morning: Pushed to Wednesday

Evening: 50 minute run
Evening Result: 5.85 miles / average heart rate 155 bpm / 8:55 minute pace

Killer run tonight. The new shoes made for a MASSIVE difference. From the beginning the weight difference was clear. I was much easier to strike mid-foot, which is something that I have struggled with in my prior shoes. I was able to comfortably hold a sub-9:00 minute pace, which is a first for any long runs. I definitely could have kept going at that pace. I don't think that I've ever smiled four miles into a run when I realize that I'm holding PR pace and am not struggling. I did manage to get a small blister but I'm blaming that in cotton socks. I normally run in thin bike socks. I am confident that it will be healed by Thursday.

The swim was a non-event. I went to a different rec center today because the nursery at my normal one is only Mon, Wed, Fri. The pool is 50 feet long and doesn't even have lanes. I didn't waste my time getting into my suit. I will be pushing the swim to tomorrow and having another swim/bike evening. Thankfully tomorrow's ride is only 25 miles. I still doubt that I will get to bed before midnight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment