Saturday, July 19, 2014

And... BOOM goes the dynamite

Wednesday Workout:
Evening: 30 mile ride
Evening Result: 25 miles / 1:40 minutes

Thursday workout:
Morning: 1500 yard swim - 500 yard warm-up; 4x200, 20" rest; 200 yard cool down
Morning Result: 500 yard swim / 8:37 pace

Evening: 40 minute run
Evening Result: 5.01 miles / 180 feet climbing / average heart rate 152 bpm

Wednesday was another 'god job dumb ass' day.  I forgot my watch at work and given it is my heart rate monitor, that makes it difficult to track one's heart rate. The speed is on par with hold an upper end of the range workout though.

Thursday I blew up on my swim. I made it through the first 200, but was excessively winded and swimming sloppily. I made it through the next 100 but had to stop. I ended up just doing a grinder workout for the next 400. It wasn't exactly a great pace, but not bad by any means. It was a pace that I could comfortably hold for longer distance. It is slightly faster than my target speed for the race, so that's good.

My run however went far better. It took me a while to get warmed up and everything functioning well. The out leg of my run felt slow and choppy, but the run back was far better when I hit my cadence. I ended up holding an 8:00 mile pace over the whole run. Given how bad the out leg felt, the end pace was a positive.


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide


No comments:

Post a Comment