Sunday, July 6, 2014

Oh... Yeah I didn't hear that right.

Saturday Workout:
Morning: 60 minute run
Morning Result: 5.96 miles / 310 feet climbing / average heart rate 153 bpm

Very, very rough run today. When I left the house at 8:40am, it was 80 degrees. When I got home an hour later, it was 93 degrees. Today's run is totally exposed and I got thoroughly cooked. I had one water bottle with PowerBar powder and that's it. When I got home I drank 60oz. of water before I even started sweating. I need to get a CamelBak soon. Given the heat and lack of water, while being frustrated, I am okay with the slow 10:00 mile pace.

Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

I did get a new pair of shoes today. The ones I have been using are over two years old and spent. I was at Runner's Roost for almost an hour today. They had me try on six different pairs, filming my stride on each. The final pair is the Brook's PureCadence3. They are a lightweight 'guidance' shoe. Apparently I need a counselor too... But in reality I needed to drop the heel of my shoe so I could better land mid-stride. They are just shy of 1/4lb lighter (each) than my current shoes. I'm not sure how much Work that is, but I have a feeling it is a lot.

I have Haley through Wednesday night, so we'll see what this does to training. The gym has a nursery for short-term drop-off, so hopefully I can use that for my swimming and running in the evening. I will still be able to ride in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment