Friday, July 4, 2014

Yeah! A day off!

Thursday workout:
Rest Day

Friday workout:
Morning: 1250 yard swim - 300 yard warm-up; 8x100, 15" rest; 200 yard cool down
Upper body weight circuit

Evening: 40 minute run
Evening result: 4.3 miles / 191 feet climbing / average heart rate 155 bpm / 9:20 minute pace

Day off of work! I took my rest day yesterday knowing that my weekend started today (and because I was blown). Waited until late afternoon to take my run, given it was a cool 90 degrees here today. I was able to hold a 9:20 pace, which is a personal best for outdoor runs. It did get exciting when I almost stepped on a rattle snake. I was in my zone, not looking at the ground when out of nowhere I went to full stop. Like I was forced out of warp. I never consciously saw the snake. I just went into full stop. I quickly detoured into the bike lane to go around it and that was it. Did ruin my zone though.


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

The news around the house is that Sarah has been hired back by The Mark Company as Director of Marketing. She'll still have her side jobs, but is working full-time for them. They will also be hiring an assistant for her. She will be traveling one week a month back to SF for in office time. That will make for some fun week long stints with Haley. Training should be interesting too. Thankfully the rec center has a nursery that I can drop her off at for an hour while I work out. My swimming and running days will be back to back. At least I can do my rides in the basement after I put her down.

For training purposes, I bought a set of rollers. That should allow me to ride the new bike in tuck while staying at home. It didn't go so well when I tried it on the trainer; flex everywhere. Nick was nice enough to pick it up for me, as it was in Golden. Now I just need to get up there for it...

We spent more time looking at counter tops and flooring, this time at Lowe's. That did not last long. Their selection is abysmal and style is 'meh' at best. We are hoping to meet with the counter guy at Home Depot tomorrow. They have a 10% off all counters sale for the weekend and no interest for 6 months on their credit card, so we can take advantage of that. I much prefer to keep my liquidity and use cash flow to pay for these type of things. We are debating getting the flooring at the same time so that the house is a construction zone for less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment