Sunday, July 13, 2014

Good job. Dumbass.

Sunday workout: 70 minute run
Result: 7.16 miles / average heart rate 149 bpm

Given today's temperature my intentions were to run indoors. One of the rec centers has an awesome pool with a lazy river and playground. We all went there planning on having Haley and Sarah hang out at the pool while I ran. It was a great plan right up until I locked the keys in the car. I haven't done that before, so it does make you feel like an idiot.

My solution to said problem was to run home to get in my 70 minutes, then drive the other car back. Great plan, but damn it was hot. I ran into the same problem as last week - not having enough water. Thankfully I had my bottle, but I again ran out of water a few miles from home. I also wasn't able to carry my Gu or Blocks, so no replenishment of nutrients and calories. I can't wait until my Camelbak shows up.

To add insult to injury on the whole thing, I didn't have a spare key and our neighbors with a key weren't home. Thankfully, the front window was unlocked and I was able to get it open. One of our neighbors was able to jump in and unlock the door for me. Ironically, he is a Douglas County deputy. I had a cop help me break into my house. We are getting a hide-a-key today and giving another neighbor a key. Apparently we didn't give a key to the neighbor who watches Haley.

The run wasn't too bad. I was able to hold a 9:47 pace even when I was tapering off at the end. Doubling this distance will still be hard. Scrubbing a minute off per mile is going to be harder. I'm hoping that being able to carry more water will help with my speed and endurance.


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

No comments:

Post a Comment