Sunday, July 20, 2014

So that's what flat feels like.

Sunday workout: 45 mile ride
Result: 45.01 miles / 2:31 hours / average heart rate 136 bpm

Good ride today. 14 minutes off last week's ride of the same length. I went a bit farther east and north than I have in the past. Once I turned north the path began to level out, so I was able to get in a 7 mile stretch that was semi-flat. My speed over the flatter sections felt much faster. That's a good speed check for Aurora and Austin which are mostly flat.  It was not near straight, so I found myself getting out of the tuck quite a bit and I definitely came to a few emergency stops when I missed turns, so that only added time to the ride. Probably negligible, but still time.

I installed my under seat, double-bottle holder yesterday and the extra water was much appreciated. I finished all three bottles with about 10 miles left. I need to be able to carry additional water, so I will probably be getting a bar mounted bottle too. I need to be better about my nutrition consumption, but with the larger amount of water I could carry, I felt much better on the ride.


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

No comments:

Post a Comment