Saturday, July 5, 2014

My nipples hurt

Sunday workout: 40 mile ride
Result: 39.4 miles / 2:23 hours / average heart rate 140 bpm

I took the tri bike out for its first ride today. In the aero tuck with a normal jersey, it's pulled tight across the chest. Throw in some slight lateral motion from pedaling and boom! Raw nips. It is quite unpleasant. Tomorrow's run should be fun with raw nips. I'm not really looking forward to it.

As for the ride, I confirmed a couple of things today:
1. The fit was totally worth it. Full ride with nothing more than a few 'personnel' adjustments. That just doesn't happen.
2. This bike is fast. Really fast.
3. This bike sucks for climbing. It's miserable.

Today's ride was pretty hilly: 40 miles and 2,221 feet of climbing. It felt good and if I had more water, I would have easily been able to knock out another 16 miles. Given the race is 56 miles with a total 1300 feet of climbing, all while at 500 feet above sea level, I'm not super concerned about the bike.



We ordered our counters today. Surprisingly, I am not really stressed out about it. Then again we got a great price and 10% off for the 4th of July sale from Home Depot. Now we just need to figure out the back splash and faucet. I will be removing our current and installing the new back splash. For $850, I can muddle my way through that.

Tomorrow afternoon Sarah is off to SF for a week. Should make for a fun week with Haley,

No comments:

Post a Comment