Monday, July 7, 2014

I will have you know that I only fell off my bike five times today!

Monday Workout:
Evening 1: 1250 yard swim - 300 yard warm-up; 16x50 10" rest; 200 yard cool down
Evening Result: 500 yard swim / 8:54 minutes

Evening 2: 25 mile ride
Evening Result: 25 miles / 1:31 hours / average heart rate 131 bpm

I got setup on the rollers tonight. That was an exciting proposition. I only went off five times, although two of those I definitely knocked over my little table in the act of trying to avoid a crash. I really need to work on my core strength of balance. I'm not even going to attempt to ride the tri bike until I can consistently stay on with the roadie. the last thing I need is to go off, clipped in and unable to eject if necessary.

We used the day care at the gym for the first time today. Allowed me to get my swim in and it only cost $3. Totally worth it. That being said, having Haley solo does make training hard. We were very scheduled tonight and still fell off. I wasn't able to get her down until after 8pm and with the weather we were having, I didn't want to go into the basement and not have a tornado warning go unheard. I didn't get onto the bike until at least 9:30pm, which is way too late. Hopefully she sleeps late in the morning so that I can sleep too.

On a side note, I am clearly losing weight at this point. I have weighed in consistently in the 228-229lbs range for the last few days, so I'm going to call that breaking 230lbs. That's down 20 pounds in two months. I am putting on muscle mass quickly as well, so it will be interesting to see where I am at in another month when I do the YOLO Olympic length in Aurora.

No comments:

Post a Comment