Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bangarang!

Sad day today with Robin Williams' death. Both Sarah and my favorite comedian and actor. I still think that his Live on Broadway show is the funniest stand-up I have ever seen. We were lucky to see him live a few years ago at the Comedy Club in SF. It was about 75% of his LoB show, but with a lot of new SF specific material. My favorite part was his close. Talking about how open and liberal people in SF are, but how he would love to see the reactions if a mosque was built in Russian Hill and the reactions to the Muslim morning call to prayer. And closing by doing the prayer in his normal excessive way. I think I just about pee'd myself.

He came into Zoom a lot to look at bikes and I ran into him on a road ride doing Paradise loop. He was great fun to ride with. My friend Stephen's bike was a bit too small and Robin was laying into him about it the whole time. It's very hard to keep pace when you are laughing that hard. I will definitely miss his comedy.

Monday Workout:
Morning: 1500 yard swim - 500 yard warm-up; 4 x 200’s sw-20" rest; 200 yard cool down.
Morning Result: 500 yard pace - 8:43 (Including rests)

Evening: 25 mile ride
Evening Result: Skipped

Tuesday Workout:
Morning: 2100 yard swim - 800 yard warm-up; 100 stroke drills; 10 x 100’s sw-15" rest; 200 yard cool down 
Morning Result: 500 yard pace - 8:22 (Including rests)

Evening: 60 minute run
Evening Result: 60 minutes / 6.27 miles / 238 feet climbing / average heart rate 150 bpm / 9:34 minute pace



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

My swims have been slowing down a bit as I am trying to focus on getting a sustainable pace for longer distances. While my Sprint race left me with a pace of 10:36 for 550 yards, I was completely blown after it. Based on my last couple of longer swims, I am thinking that a 9:30 minute pace might be a bit more realistic. Plus, the 3 minutes I save I should be able to make up on the bike and I won't blow myself up in the first leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment